Graubünden - Culture of Construction

alt_title_logo Kantonsbibliothek Graubünden
Chantun Grischun
Cantone dei Grigioni
Inns and Spa Hotels, Hotels
back to overview

Hotel Palace*

Via Serlas 27 | 7500 St. Moritz
The Hotel Palace was created through the expansion of the Hotel Beaurivage which was built from 1892-96 by Chiodera & Tschudy; west wing from 1912-13 and the Kings-Club which was converted and re-modelled from the former tennis hall by Nicolaus Hartmann, junior.

World-famous luxury hotel with a Mediaeval-romantic air and Judendstil: massive corner tower. The spatial planning and decoration of the lounges is in the style of comfortable and cosy English country-home decor. The interior decoration and furnishing is of regal opulence; art objects from the private collection of the Badrutt family.

(Kunstführer durch Graubünden, Hg. Gesellschaft für Schweizerische Kunstgeschichte. Eng. translation of the title: Art Guide of Graubünden, ed. Society for the History of Swiss Art, Zurich 2008. This book has only been published in German.)